Team Cygnus has developed a fully faired recumbent bicycle that can compete with the fastest recumbents in the world. The main goal is to use an optimum man-machine combination to break world records. The Cygnus team consists of technical specialists from various disciplines. Between them they have many years of experience with fully faired recumbents both in racing and in designing. All Cygnus team members are racers at the highest level. Every year they compete in national and international competitions such as Battle Mountain, the European Championship, the World Championship, and the Michigan Human Powered Speed Challenge, but they also attempt to break records on the tracks of RDW, DEKRA and Opel.

vrijdag 11 september 2015

On our way to Battle Mountain

Team Cygnus has arrived safe and sound in the US of A, including the bike.

Our flight had a bit of a delay, and picking up the rental car took a lot of time. We are staying the night in Reno. The first two hotels we tried were full, the third one, Best Western, did have a room for us.

Our plane from Amsterdam to San Francisco arrived later than planned from Parimaribo. It was originally planned to leave at 9.50 in the morning, When we arrived at the airport before 7, it already had 40 minutes delay. We left Amsteram just after 11, and arrived in San Francisco at 12.20 in the afternoon, after flying for about 11 hours.

Another plane had arrived before ours, so we had to wait in line for the customs for a bit. After a pleasant chat with the customs officer, we walked on to fetch our luggage and the bike. The hard shell suitcase had seen a bit of sliding, it had a bit of scratch marks, but the rest of the luggage and the bike look fine. The bike appears to be handled better than last year, when the bag was all torn. After a pleasant chat with the cabin crew from the plane, we took the Air Train to the Car Rental. It was very busy there, and we had to wait in line for quite a while. Around 15.30 we left from San Francisco to go to Sacramento. The roads were busy. In Sacramento we got some groceries at the supermarket and a bite at Chipotle. Then we drove on to Reno where we tried the La Quinta first, then another hotel which was packed as well. We were directed to the Best Western hotel near the airport where we arrived around 21.45.

We had a good nights rest and will go out for breakfast when we are ready here.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten